If You Would Like To Join In

If you would like to join in visit Suzie's 365 Blog for details.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Day 52 Sky High

A clear cloudless blue sky is "situation normal" for me. A few fluffy clouds or a towering thundercloud have me leaping for my camera. I have sunrise clouds and sunset clouds, far out to sea clouds and over the mountain clouds, but today is one of the clear blue days so far...


I thought I might be lucky and catch con trails. We live in a part of Spain where north, south, east and west flight paths intersect and make fantastic criss cross patterns in the sky, but there mustn't be the right atmospheric conditions today; I have heard the far off sounds of aircraft, but they have left no trails, so here is the clear blue sky as a back drop to the hips on a rambling rose bush that originally scrambled over the stump of a pine tree, and now that the stump has completely rotted away, scrambles over itself and a couple of  reinforcing rods bent into a lopsided arch. Most of the hips have dried and shrivelled, especially the ones that birds have pecked, but here and there some are still bright red.

7 comments:

  1. great photo. i bet tomorrow you see loads of planes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo. I was hoping for an aerial shot including a close up of a plane today, as some days they seem to go over more often than the buses. But haven't really noticed them today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot looking upwards through the plants to the sky above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hips are really reaching for the sky

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.